Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 6, thing 15











I feel that I understand the purpose of creative commons, fairuse, and other copyrighted issues. But I will admit that until I began the Library Science study, I did not take any of these facts into consideration. I almost had an attitude that the copyright police can come and arrest me, little old me.

But I have come to appreciate the use of creative commons and copyright. I think it is valuable and needed to protect a person's ideas and work.

I know that over my travels on the web I have seen a lot of altered videos and other copyrighted materials. Something that sticks in my mind is the fact that recently, as a Buffalo Bills fan, there has been a huge creation of videos placed on youtube regarding the coach and the team just stinking. The video I posted is a parody of Billy Joel's song "We didn't start the Fire." A radio station in Buffalo created the song, however, it is now news that the song was created without permission. I could not find an article to post regarding that topic.

I see Library 2.0 as a means of expanding services to a student or other type of patron. The use of the 2.0 tools will provide another means of service of information to all patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment