Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 9, thing 22

I see a great advantage to the use of e-books but I think this will be a technology that might be a while until it is fully caught on by the public. I asked some of my colleagues about the e-book and they did not seem thrilled about the concept. Some even said that there is something about the feel of the book in your hand and turning the pages. I agree with that because there is something about holding the book on your porch on a nice summer day. I don't know if this is where I want to talk about the kindle but I think that is a similar issue for me--the feeling of the book.

I found the website World E-book fair difficult to navigate but I can see value in it. I used the search and browse features to find classics and some contemporary titles.

I am familiar with the Gutenberg project and have used the texts in my English classroom and in my online classes.

1 comment:

  1. you have to have to decide if the value of the ocntent is worth the strain of the format

    ReplyDelete